Women struggling with recurrent miscarriage often have an underlying reason that causes it. Miscarriages are surprisingly common, however, if it occurs during 2 consecutive pregnancies, it becomes a concern. This blood screening profile aims to aid in the diagnosis of the underlying cause of recurrent miscarriage. This helps the couple better understand the underlying cause, so they are able to receive the right treatment, and later to try to conceive again.
Who Should Get Tested?
- Women who have suffered from a miscarriage
- Women who have suffered from multiple miscarriages
- Women who are struggling to conceive (fall pregnant)
- Women planning to have a family soon, as part of family planning
- Women with previous complicated pregnancies
- Women with a family history of infertility
- Women with a family history of complicated pregnancies
- Women with a personal history of PCOS
- Women with a family history of PCOS
- Women with irregular, infrequent, prolonged periods; or periods that are no longer their normal periods
What's included in the Basic General Screening at Healtopedia:
▸Lupus Anticoagulant – APTT, KCT, dRVVT
A full comprehensive report with complete tests breakdown will be made available in soft and hard copy within 24-48 hours. Any abnormalities or discrepancies will be highlighted. You will then be offered the opportunity to see a medical specialist who will review the results with you within 24 hours of receiving your report.
Fasting : please fast for 10 hours prior to your blood test. No food or drinks are allowed, however water is permitted.
Women : for more accurate results, it is recommended that you do this test 3 days before or 3 days after menstruation.
Follow us on Facebook for more Health Tips: Healtopedia on Facebook